Thank a soldier and their families! Let us never forget!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Reality Check

Have we become a society where individuals no longer possess any real factor of common sense? Are we so dense in the head that we can no longer learn from our mistakes? Every time I turn on the television, I become frustrated to the point that I shake my head bewildered then push the off button on the remote. TV has become inundated with ridiculous reality shows that prove my point that common sense is a thing of the past, for the most part; there are still a few of us who think with our brain instead of our wallet.


Hence, I have deducted, in my own wee little brain that Money and Power are the culprits that have done away with common sense. The “I’ll do anything for a million bucks” mentality has infested our society. It has evolved to a point where both kids and supposedly intelligent adults believe that eating a bucket of worms, eyeballs or some other obscene gross concoction for the chance to become a millionaire and turn into an overnight success is a good thing. These shows receive tons of attention and coverage and an “atta boy” thumbs up, while our society is left wanting for nurses, firefighters, police officers, teachers, and other meaningful occupations that provide us with the wherewithal to survive as a society.


I am certain there are those who will see me as living in the dark ages, or an opinionate old woman without a clue. However, I’d rather spend a long, hard, day working at a (what some might consider a menial job, such as teaching) than laying down in a tub of snakes, or dating twenty-five men at one time, or any of the other ridiculous antics that society seems to thrive on today. And don’t even get me started on what we pay sports figures versus the above-mentioned careers.


In my estimation, these shows accomplish nothing short of brain washing folks into the false belief that being rich is what matters the most and there are no limits on how or what you can or should do to gain that monetary power; and if people happen to get hurt emotionally, physically, or mentally, in the process, so be it.


These are only my opinions, of course, but the reality is, we have become a jungle of hungry mongrels whose food source is money and humanity, morals, values, and common sense are morsels swallowed up then spit out like a bitter persimmon seed; useless and rotting on the ground.


If you want more, drop in again for the next round where you’ll hear me growl about RESPECT – or the lack thereof.


May God feed your soul and keep your soul intact and safe from the hungry mongrels.

Our soul is a precious gift from God. Safeguard it from the bowels of evil for it is your key to eternity. ~ By Debbie S

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my humble opinion, this is no grumble, this is the TRUTH! The truth shall set you free!

I love your blog and will more than likely visit it often AND some of the lovely links you have also!

Really granny, you've done good on this!

Keep it up and like me, be as opinionated as you must be. Being only One Voice, someone is bound to hear! (I know I did) Loud and clear! Keep it up!

((((Granny))))

Angel always...godsped my friend!

Joni

benning said...

I can't disagree with those sentiments, Granny. Good start to your blogging endeavor!

And thanks for the link!

*Hugs*

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping in and reading my thoughts.

{{My mentors!!}}

Granny

Notice - All contents, pictures and writing are the sole property of the author. Please do not use without the authors consent. Your comments and thoughts are encouraged and appreciated.
(c) Debbie Seko


Visit My YouTube Channel

Come be my Friend at Peoplestring.
It's Free