Thank a soldier and their families! Let us never forget!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

In Honor of Father's Day

My Riches

I do not live in a palace like a King or Queen,
or feast on Caviar or expensive cuisine.

For this kind of wealth I have no desire,I
have far greater riches than a King can acquire.

I live in a home on five acres of land,
surrounded by things not made by man.

There are flowers that bloom and giant oak trees,
that provide a home for the squirrels and bee's.

There are chicken's and lizard's and dog's that roam,
in the luxurious, green grass around my home.

There are blue birds and black birds and red birds galore,
and peacock's with colors never seen before.

There is a slow running creek filled with fish and frogs,
along with ducks and geese sunning on logs.

There are owl's and turtle's and cricket's and more,
encompassed by water and woods to explore.

The air is filled with astonishing sounds,
on the wonders of nature man cannot expound.

The can have their palace and their fancy clothes,
God has granted me riches far greater than those.

Thank you Dad for all you are and all you do. I Love You!

(published) (c)1991

2 comments:

joni said...

ok when can I move in?

lol

What a great poem in honor of not just your dad but dad's everywhere! :-)

Beautiful!

Joni

Unknown said...

Joni, if your ever in GA. drop by and we'll sit by the pond for a spell.

:-)

granny

Notice - All contents, pictures and writing are the sole property of the author. Please do not use without the authors consent. Your comments and thoughts are encouraged and appreciated.
(c) Debbie Seko


Visit My YouTube Channel

Come be my Friend at Peoplestring.
It's Free