Thank a soldier and their families! Let us never forget!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Your Choice


It's early and the sun hasn't fully risen over the tree tops as of yet. Not being much of a morning person I am surprised to find that I am enjoying the stillness just before dawn. It's quiet, peaceful, and beautiful.


It sometimes takes a morning like this sitting back and appreciating the wonders of God's beauty to understand how it is possible to hold on in a world so full of chaos, destruction, and yes, even hatred. It's difficult for me to understand how people can be so cruel to nature and other human beings. What is so hard about just being nice? You may be thinking, well that's fine for those who haven't experienced the trials and troubles that I have. It's easy to be nice when your world is all good.

Well, I'll have to disagree. My world has not always been good. Have I suffered through trials and hard times, most certainly. However, regardless of what befalls us, WE are the ones who make the choice of how to deal with those trials and the after effects. I guess I choose to try and learn from my troubles instead of blaming the world for them. I deal with them and then put them in the past. I refuse to allow them to harbor deep in my heart and drudge them up and use them as an excuse to do evil

Economic times are tough and will most likely get worse before they get better. We can make a choice. We can let these difficult times harden our hearts, we can sulk in anger, allow depression to take over, or we can get up every morning say a prayer and ask God to help us to be kind to others regardless of the difficulties we face.

A smile, a kind word, a helping hand, it cost nothing. You may even be surprised at how beneficial it can be. We can chose to sit back, complain, take our troubles out on the innocent and stand around and cry VICTIM, or we can chose to face our troubles head on, do what we can to get by, and choose not to let our circumstances turn us into miserable, depressed, hateful, uncaring, violent human beings.

WE are all victims of something. The difference is how we choose to deal with our problems, and the incidences that befall us. I am often amazed when I see or her of a parent forgiving a criminal who has in whatever way destroyed a part of their lives. But I understand now. It is a choice. They have decided that they had rather forgive and let those responsible be judged by a higher power, instead of letting their anger and hatred boil within them until it manifest into criminal and hateful acts towards others.

What kind of person will you choose to be?

You are who you are because YOU choose to be.
____________________________________

May you have a wonderful day and may God bless you in some unexpected way.

Granny

No comments:

Notice - All contents, pictures and writing are the sole property of the author. Please do not use without the authors consent. Your comments and thoughts are encouraged and appreciated.
(c) Debbie Seko


Visit My YouTube Channel

Come be my Friend at Peoplestring.
It's Free