Thank a soldier and their families! Let us never forget!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Where Does The Time Go

I just returned from California where I spent a week taking care of my one and only grandson while my daughter and son-in-law took a much-deserved vacation. There is definitely a reason why the good Lord created women with a biological clock. It didn’t take long for me to realize that, while enjoyable, taking care of a one year old can certainly put a strain on the old muscles.

I thoroughly enjoyed the one-on-one time with my grandson however, it increased my awareness of my impending age. It can be so frustrating to feel mentally capable of doing so many things only to realize that the body no longer wishes to cooperate. Even if you do manage to get the body to perform the reward is days of aches and pains that you didn’t count on.

It seems like only yesterday I was running around chasing my own daughter, climbing monkey bars, playing ball, and sliding down slides on my bottom with her in my lap. When did they start making slides so narrow?

Normally, I don’t think of myself as old. Old is what, eighty, eight-five? So in comparison I’m still rather young however, after a week of chasing after my adorable, active one year old grandson, I came to realize that time is no longer on my side.

Where did the time go? When did my body’s capabilities pass my mental capabilities? I guess it happens so gradually that we don’t realize it until we’re playing piggy back in the floor and then find we can’t get off the floor without a helping hand.

This past week was a real revelation for me. There is still so much I want to do in life and I have to face the fact that time doesn’t stand still. Therefore, I’ve started thinking seriously, about how I need to organize my time better. There’s only so much you can cram into a twenty-four hour day. I’ve decide that by prioritizing and organizing my days more efficiently it will perhaps give me a greater opportunity to accomplish some of things that I have on my “Things I want to do before it’s too late” list.

August is just around the corner and I will be starting back to school and work, meaning my free time will become more limited than ever. One of my favorite sayings is, “Live each day as if it were your last,” yet I haven’t been heading that very smart advice, but it’s never too late to start.

So, I’m making my new year’s resolution early or late depending on how you look at it. My goal is to do something I’ve always wanted to try or go somewhere I’ve always wanted to go once a month. If my body tries to deny me the opportunity, I will simply feed it a couple of Advil and refuse to allow it to rob me of the opportunities that await me.

Time can be your friend or your enemy – it’s up to you. ~Debbie S.

May God’s love shine upon you and yours.

Granny

2 comments:

joni said...

Organization~sounds like a recent blog post I did. lol

And everyone wondered why one so young (like me) can write a memoir.

I feel like time is slipping through my fingers, and what better time to write my memoirs!

Maybe we don't get younger only Better and that is why the youngun's have the babies!

Granny's do the spoiling!!!

Glad to hear you survived! lol

Hugs to jackjack and his mom and dad too! (((family))) What a blessing.

Godspeed...
joni

Unknown said...

Thanks joni. It was exhausting but I can't wait to go back. I miss them sooooooo much!

granny

Notice - All contents, pictures and writing are the sole property of the author. Please do not use without the authors consent. Your comments and thoughts are encouraged and appreciated.
(c) Debbie Seko


Visit My YouTube Channel

Come be my Friend at Peoplestring.
It's Free